Hi, Barry,

Thank you for the reply. Here are a few examples.

They are registered to NAD 83 California Zone V in feet. What I want to map
to should be the most common longitude latitude system. For example, 6638699,
1924377 should be projected to -117.745, 34.28

6425591 1894450
6425843 1893769
6425828 1893347

Thank you!

Dazhi

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 10:19 AM, Barry Rowlingson <
b.rowling...@lancaster.ac.uk> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 3:10 PM, Dazhi Jiao <dazhi.j...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a data set with points in NAD83 coordinates. How can I convert
> them
> > into latitude/longitude use R?
>
> NAD83 is a datum:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Datum
>
> so your coordinates might already be latitude and longitude. Or they
> could be in meters in some UTM system, both of which could use the
> NAD83 datum. Could we see some of them please?
>
> Also, you need to define what lat-long system you want them converted
> to - the most common is WGS84.
>
> Barry

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]