Thank you very much Robert.

I am reading the raster vignette right now.

I got this error:

 > r = raster(corredor)
 > res(r) = 50
 > r = pointsToRaster(poblados, r)
Error en .pointsToMatrix(xy) :
   points should be vectors of length 2, matrices with 2 columns, or a
SpatialPoints* object
 > pobla...@data
           x       y
1  500577.8 1155145
2  495470.2 1164700
3  489082.0 1152228
4  494559.3 1171489
5  492094.0 1157327
6  490937.9 1155423
7  488748.0 1153979
8  491910.8 1154378
9  485430.7 1148051
10 500060.9 1148109
11 491212.5 1159109
12 487253.9 1151491
13 480244.6 1181636
14 480651.1 1184371
15 477555.2 1181189
16 486482.8 1167946
17 483764.4 1164624
18 477301.6 1192979
19 483737.4 1192048
20 480760.2 1192652
21 476126.6 1165617
22 481182.4 1185941

Best,

Manuel

On 04/11/2010 11:41 a.m., Robert J. Hijmans wrote:
> Manuel.
>
> Did you try it without converting? The help file in raster says it
> needs a SpatialPoints* object. The '*' is a wild card that in this
> case stands for 'DataFrame'.
>
> The answer to your question:
>
> as(x, 'SpatialPoints')
>
> You could find the answer to many of this type of questions by reading
> the vignettes of sp and raster, and by searching the R-sig-geo help
> archives, and looking at the R spatial wiki.
>
> Robert
>
> On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 10:25 AM, Manuel Spínola<mspinol...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Dear list members,
>>

>> I am trying to create a raster from points, but I read the points from a
>> shapfile, so I have the points object as a SpatialPointsDataFrame.
>> To use the function pointsToRaster I need the points as SpatialPoints.
>>
>> How to convert a SpatialPointsDataFrame object to a SpatialPoints?
>> Best,
>>
>> Manuel
>>

>> --
>> *Manuel Spínola, Ph.D.*
>> Instituto Internacional en Conservación y Manejo de Vida Silvestre
>> Universidad Nacional
>> Apartado 1350-3000
>> Heredia
>> COSTA RICA
>> mspin...@una.ac.cr
>> mspinol...@gmail.com
>> Teléfono: (506) 2277-3598
>> Fax: (506) 2237-7036
>> Personal website: Lobito de río
>> <https://sites.google.com/site/lobitoderio/>
>> Institutional website: ICOMVIS<http://www.icomvis.una.ac.cr/>

*Manuel Spínola, Ph.D.*
Instituto Internacional en Conservación y Manejo de Vida Silvestre
Universidad Nacional
Apartado 1350-3000
Heredia
COSTA RICA