Hi,

Is there a way to pass data and/or commands to R from an external program? For
example, let's say I have a Cocoa program (that I'm writing) and R running in
the background. Is there a mechanism where I can send data to R such that it
will be accessible from the console window? Can I send data and a plot command
to open a window in R and plot it there?

More generally, is there a cross-platform mechanism for this as well? I've been
searching but haven't come up with anything great. I did find RPy2 where one
could send data and plotting commands to R, but the plot I made was modal which
isn't great.

Thanks!

Demitri