Dear all,

I personally solved my problems with R using R-Studio… Hope it can help...

Best

Celine
> Le 15 févr. 2016 à 16:12, Berend Hasselman <b...@xs4all.nl> a écrit :
>

>> On 15 Feb 2016, at 15:48, Brandon Hurr <bhiv...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Berend,
>>
>> I realize this is slightly off the goal of getting java working on your
>> system, but it looks like you're using rJava to extract data from Excel
>> files. Have you considered or tested using the readXL package instead? I
>> believe it does not require rJava to work.
>>
>> https://github.com/hadley/readxl
>>

> Yes I have tried readxl in addition to the others. It's very, very fast.
>
> 1. it doesn't/can't write Excel files (yet?).
>
> 2. I'm testing/checking/analyzing R code for someone else who uses XLConnect
> especially for writing Excel files. That's why I'm doing this.
>

> Berend

  Céline ROZENBLAT
  Professor
  Chair of the Urban Geography Commission
  of the International Geographical Union
  http://www.unil.ch/igu-urban

  UNIVERSITY OF LAUSANNE
  Institute of Geography and Sustainability - Faculty of Geoscience
  Geopolis Building- office 3614
  Mouline area
  CH - 1015 LAUSANNE
  SWITZERLAND