> On Mar 5, 2016, at 7:33 AM, peter dalgaard <pda...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hmm, there was _something_ at _some_ point, on El Cap, I seem to remember.
>
> Have you tried the daily versions at http://r.research.att.com ?
>
> -pd
>
>> On 05 Mar 2016, at 15:22 , Paul Schlesinger <phschlesin...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On a Macbookpro and MacAir 2012-13 vintage running Osx 10.11.3. R installed
>> by standard package options the first time R is started The application
>> quits and I can send information to Apple.  Now if I restart from this
>> message or just restart R appears to run fine. This could be related to os
>> update but it was first noted a month after the upgrade. I have reinstalled
>> R several times without changing this behavior.  Other non-apple software,
>> Emacs and latex are running on these machines without a similar problem. Is
>> this a know problem and is there a correction.

Have you made sure that there is no hidden corrupt .Rdata  or .Rapp.history
file? One way to do this is running R from a Terminal session with:

R --vanilla

I'm not a regular RStudio user, so If R is stable in that situation then your
first act should be deleting those (invisible-by-default) files. It's fairly
easy to find advice about how to make invisible files visible on OSX using a
Google search. I'm not a regular RStudio user, so I don't know if finding such
files in that environment is any more difficult. I suspect there would be such
a file for every project.

--

David Winsemius
Alameda, CA, USA