> On 16 May 2017, at 21:03 , peter dalgaard <pda...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I don't think the config flags for R matter in this regard. The behaviour is
> completely paralleled by wish8.6:

Hmmm, not sure the wish ::tk::pkgconfig thing proves anything, after I tried
some of the ActiveState installs and a source build. This stuff is making my
head spin!

However, I discovered that it is possible to install R-3.4.0.pkg as usual, and
then a customized install of (say) R-3.3-branch-mavericks.pkg, omitting
everything except the Tcl/Tk stuff. That gives you R 3.4.0 and Rcmdr with
antialiased fonts.

--
Peter Dalgaard, Professor,
Phone: (+45)38153501