At the weekend I asked about a LaTex problem I had on the Mac and got an
immediate solution, great!  I have accordingly updated my LaTeX using tinytex
and have a new problem.  When I built my book with bookdown using the updated
LaTeX there were a few small changes that I had to fix, some of which I think
may have been due to a bit more space being given around tables, graphics, and
lists.  There was also a large change, the table of contents has extra spacing
everywhere, so that now it needs 7 pages instead of 5.  How can I get the old
table of contents back?

The book is for CRCPress and uses their krantz.cls LaTeX class file.

Thanks, as always, for any help.

Antony

Professor (em.) Antony Unwin
Mathematics Institute,