Hello,

I am trying to install rgdal on my mac but I am having problems.

I downloaded the gdal, proj, geos... from
http://www.kyngchaos.com/doku.php?id=software:frameworks
  and installed them by double clicking the mpkg in the dmg folders

Then, I also downloaded the rgdal package (rgdal 0.6.8-2 - R 2.9
package) from this site and now I am trying to install it in R version
2.9.0 (2009-04-17).

I tried to install from terminal with:
R CMD INSTALL --configure-args="/Users/..mypath.../rgdal/"
rgdal_0.6-8.tar.gz"

but not much happens....the prompt just sits at ' > '

I also tried through R with install.packages using:
 > install.packages("rgdal_0.6-8.tar.gz", "/Users/..mypath.../rgdal/")

and I get the following warning message:

Warning message:
In getDependencies(pkgs, dependencies, available, lib) :
   package ‘rgdal_0.6-8.tar.gz’ is not available

Can anyone please help?

Cheers

R.
        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]