Dear list,

I completely reinstalled mac os 10.5 few weeks ago, and since then I
experienced some problem to use build vignettes.

Following the discussion in
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-mac/2008-November/005578.html
  I put the R texmf directory in my search path with

if [ -d /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/Current/Resources/
share/texmf ]; then
        export PATH="${PATH}:/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/Current/
Resources/share/texmf:."
fi

Then if I build the vignette with R CMD build of the overall package,
everything is fine. For example for randtoolbox I got
* DONE (randtoolbox)
* creating vignettes ... OK

The package randtoolbox contains a makefile in inst/doc to compile the
vignette.

But if I use my makefile directly in the inst/doc directory, it does
not work:
(/usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-dist/tex/latex/bigfoot/perpage.sty)

! LaTeX Error: File `Sweave.sty' not found.

Type X to quit or <RETURN> to proceed,
or enter new name. (Default extension: sty)

My makefile is

TEXI2DVI = texi2dvi --pdf
SWEAVE = R CMD Sweave
RM = rm -rf

all: randtoolbox.pdf clean

randtoolbox.pdf : randtoolbox.Rnw
        $(SWEAVE) randtoolbox.Rnw
        $(TEXI2DVI) randtoolbox.tex

clean:
        $(RM) Rplots*.eps Rplots*.pdf Rplots*.jpg randtoolbox-*.eps
randtoolbox-*.pdf randtoolbox-*.jpg *.aux *.log *.blg *.bbl *.brf
*.out *.tex *.rel *.toc *~ auto

Without any reason, if I run manually R CMD Sweave, it works...

Do you have any idea why it does not work?

Thanks in advance

Christophe

--
Christophe Dutang