On Wed, 14 Apr 2010, Kent Manley wrote:

I haven't found an ideal answer to that. I'm not an Emacs user (I prefer vim but not for R - don't even know if it's possible).

It certainly is.

I've been using TeXShop with the Sweave interface. It took minor tweaks to get it running, and in some senses, it helps to have the commands I want to run stored in a text document - and learning LaTeX was pretty quick for the simple documents I produce.

Some of the capabilities I see written about in books like http://www.amazon.com/Beginners-Guide-Use-Alain-Zuur/dp/0387938362/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1271299327&sr=1-1 this one *almost* make me want to use Windows *shudders*.

There are many more experienced voices on this list than mine, though.

And lots of past contributions: did either of you look in the list archives as suggested in the posting guide?

Kent