Hi Nicola,

Thank you very much, that seems extremely useful.

I solved my R-Matlab communication needs using Rserve from Rosuda and Simon Urbanek's generous help.

I know very little about compile and build processes, especially on Unix/OSX and so I cannot really volunteer to test your patch on Mac OS X for you. But if you can guide me through the process in detail, I am happy to work with you to get RMatlab working on the Mac, since I do have access to many Macs :)

Very best, Suresh