All,

  No matter what I do (e.g., complete re-install of R and then Rcmdr (with
dependencies=TRUE)), Rcmdr will not launch on just one of my computers (all
running 10.6.5): it crashes (R becomes ``non-responding" as it loads Tcl).  It
also happened on OS X 10.6.4 (last week).  The computer is a two-week-old
MacBook Pro.  Every other of my Intel Macs (all older), including 6 mos old
otherwise identical MacBook Pros show no such problem.  Suggestions?
See <http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html>