Shota Nakamura said --

> Following Luke's advise, I edited fan tree by Illustrator.
> I got the image I want.
>
> Please find attached.
> Left image is output of "ape", right one is edited version.
>
> If you have an idea to do this by "ape", tell me please.

This is an illegitimate answer, but ...  have APE call PHYLIP's
program Drawgram.  It can do a Circular tree, and by playing
around with the options for use or nonuse of branch lengths,
and the placement of ancestral nodes, you can get the circular
tournament-format tree.

Joe
----
Joe Felsenstein         [EMAIL PROTECTED]