Hello,

I want to paint regimes on an ouch tree based on a specific dichotomous trait.
I've identified the nodes and branches on the phylogeny where the selection
regimes would change based on an ancestral state reconstruction of the
character of interest. I wanted to know if there is a way of showing the node
numbers of a plotted image of the ouchtree object as can be done in ape for a
phylo object using nodelabels(). I ask this because when I transform my phylo
object to an ouch object the node numbers no longer correspond.
How can one identify which node numbers correspond to specific nodes on the
phylogeny? Or do I simply have to make it out from the information available
using print(ouchtree object)?

Thanks,

Alejandro

__________________________________

Alejandro Gonzalez Voyer

Post-doc

Estación Biológica de Doñana
Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (CSIC)
Av Américo Vespucio s/n
41092 Sevilla
Spain

Tel: + 34 - 954 466700, ext 1749