From: r-sig-phylo-boun...@r-project.org [r-sig-phylo-boun...@r-project.org] on
behalf of Franck Stefani [fopstef...@gmail.com]
Sent: 23 August 2012 11:54
To: r-sig-phylo@r-project.org
Subject: [R-sig-phylo] pPCA - global and local components

Dear Theodore,

Thanks for your reply but I fear I am not skilled enough in stats for
considering your alternative... I have a look at the paper published by
Jombart et al. (2010, Putting phylogeny into the analysis of biological
traits: a methodological approach. J Theor Biol 264: 693) and it seems they
have only considered  the first global and/or first local components and
this even if the second global or local components seemed to explain a
certain amount of the total variance.

Franck