Dear list:

I am using phylo.d in caper package and the Estimated D is lower than
0 (D=-0.71), suggesting a phylogenetic signal greater than Brownian
expectation. However, the Probability of E(D) resulting from Brownian
phylogenetic structure is p=0.98. Should I interpret this p-value as
non-significant? or should I interpret it as a significant
p=1-0.98=0.02? I am asking this question because I have never been
able to detect a significant phylosignal higher than BM even with
simulated data.

Estimated D :  -0.7107697

Probability of E(D) resulting from no (random) phylogenetic structure :  0

Probability of E(D) resulting from Brownian phylogenetic structure
:  0.98

Thanks

Miguel Verdu
Centro de Investigaciones sobre Desertificacion
(CSIC-UV-GV)
Carretera Moncada - NĂ¡quera, Km. 4,5
Apartado Oficial
46113 Moncada (Valencia)