At the risk of inundating you with options, Henry, there is also
expandTaxonTree in the package paleotree (on CRAN) which is similar to the
above, but also lets you collapse higher taxa you list as paraphyletic,
which can be useful if the taxonomic work of your group has never been
concerned with monophyly.

Cheers,
-Dave

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 3:33 PM, Julien Clavel <julien.cla...@hotmail.fr>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There is also the stickTip function:
> http://rleca.pbworks.com/w/file/fetch/40813743/stickTips_1.2.html
> it is possible to tweak the code for more specific things...
>
> Best,
>
> Julien
>
> > From: liam.rev...@umb.edu
> > Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 10:32:36 -0500
> > To: h.ferguson-...@ucl.ac.uk; r-sig-phylo@r-project.org
> > Subject: Re: [R-sig-phylo] utilise more data by making polytomies
> >
> > Something similar to this is in phytools (
> http://blog.phytools.org/2013/11/new-function-to-add-species-to-genus-in.html),
> though not yet on CRAN. Let me know if this is what you're thinking of.
> >
> > All the best, Liam
> >
> > Liam J. Revell, Assistant Professor of Biology
> > University of Massachusetts Boston
> > web: http://faculty.umb.edu/liam.revell/
> > email: liam.rev...@umb.edu
> > blog: http://blog.phytools.org
> >
> > --
> > Sent from Windows Phone

David W. Bapst, PhD
Adjunct Asst. Professor, Geology and Geol. Eng.
South Dakota School of Mines and Technology
501 E. St. Joseph
Rapid City, SD 57701

http://webpages.sdsmt.edu/~dbapst/
http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/paleotree/index.html