Good day,

I understand you have done some work already, but you may want to try my
PhyloMill pipeline. It will do exactly what you need. It is written in
Python, not R. You will need to give it the names of ingroup and outgroup
taxa and which loci you want to use. If the loci you want to use are not
predefined in PhyloMill, I can create the definitions, just let me know
which loci you want to use.

PhyloMill will actually do a lot more than just download and align
sequences, it will filter mislabeled sequences, reverse-complement if
needed, etc. It will also create a consensus sequence when multiple GI
accessions are available for that taxon and locus.

https://github.com/karolisr/krpy

Peace,
Karolis Ramanauskas
Department of Biological Sciences
University of Illinois at Chicago
840 W. Taylor St. SEL 4093 M/C 067
Chicago, IL 60607
E-Mail: kram...@uic.edu

> From: "cheny...@hotmail.com" <cheny...@hotmail.com>
> Subject: [R-sig-phylo] use R to download the DNA barcode sequence of a
list of species from GenBank
> Date: July 13, 2014 10:39:13 AM CDT
> To: r-sig-phylo <r-sig-phylo@r-project.org>
>
> Dear All,
>
> I have a list of about 2,000 plant species, and want to construct a
phylogenetic tree for them. I'd like to use the DNA barcode data availabe
in GenBank. Then I will first need to download these DNA sequences from the
Internet. I know that read.GenBank in package "ape" is capable to do it if
I have the GenBank accession numbers. But what I only have now is their
species names. Does anybody know which R function can batch-process it with
only species names from GenBank?

http://www.mail-archive.com/r-sig-phylo@r-project.org/