Hi!
Liam, Tony, Sam, thank you for the answers! They forced me to think on type of
model I've chosen.

I forgot to mention previously that I have used only one input tree. I choose
the model ARD, because it was the best model (among SYM and ER) according to
fitDiscrete (geiger).

Installation of the new phytools did not change the results. As well increasing
nsim (from 1000 to 5000) did not change rates qualitevly. I still have two
peaks of Q-rates.

What is interesting these happened only for transition state1 -> state 2 and
backward (state 2 -> state 1). So I decided to check SYM model in make.simmap.
The result is more convenient – one peak rates' distributions, although
distribution of Q-rates were asymmetrical with long right tail. Make.simmap
Q-rates with ER model looked much more gaussian. All of the analyzes were
simulated with nsim=1000, Q=”mcmc”,pi=”estimated” with one input tree.

The other question is which model to choose – ARD or SYM, or ER? I decided to
average the log likelihood estimates of the output simulations. Is it correct
to choose the model which have the maximum mean logL? Mean.logL.ARD = -84;
Mean.logL.ER = -82;  Mean.logL.SYM = -77

Thank you!
Maria