Hi all,
I've noticed that a number of people have had this problem, but can't seem
to find any resolutions.
I am running a PGLS analysis, with body size as the dependent variable, and
two categorical traits as the explanatory variables:

> data.pgls <- pgls(MeanBodyMass ~ Habitat_aq * TrophicLevel, species.comp,
> lambda='ML', delta='ML')

The pgls runs without any problems, and summary(data.pgls) gives proper
results.
However, when I run anova(data.pgls), I get the following error:

> Error in terms.formula(formula, data = data) :
>   invalid model formula in ExtractVars

My trophic level categorical explanatory variable is multistate (not
binary), so the anova results are much preferred to the summary results
(which splits multistate variables into a number of binary ones).
Has anyone run into this problem before and has found a fix or workaround?
Thanks once again in advance,
Will

--
William Gearty