Thank you François,

I was trying to use consensus() from ape, but when I try to write a nexus
file I get an error message:

> trees<-read.nexus("1000_trees.nex")
> consensus(trees,p=1,check.labels=TRUE)
> write.nexus(my_tree,"consensus_birds.nex")
#NEXUS
[R-package APE, Wed Jul 15 14:49:14 2015]

BEGIN TAXA;
DIMENSIONS NTAX = 59;
TAXLABELS
Rhynchotus_rufescens
Apteryx_haastii
Dromaius_novaehollandiae
(...)
;
END;
BEGIN TREES;
TRANSLATE
Error in y$tip.label : $ operator is invalid for atomic vectors

My only problem now is to create the file. I'm going to try the softwares
you pointed.

Best regards,
Sérgio.
ᐧ