Colleagues,

For those of you who use geomorph for your multivariate comparative methods:

We recently uploaded version 2.1.7 of geomorph to CRAN.  However, subsequent to
this, we found that under certain input scenarios, some of the changes we made
to underlying support code had undesirable outcomes. We have corrected these
issues in version 2.1.7-1. The corrected version is found in our GitHub
repository.

Note that the version currently housed on the CRAN repository (2.1.7) does not
contain the bug fixes. This version was just released last week, and as many of
you know, CRAN policies make it challenging to do frequent updates to packages.

As a consequence, we recommend that going forward, all geomorph users should
install the latest version from our Github repository.  Beginning immediately,
we will maintain the current version of geomorph on the 'Stable' branch in our
GitHub repository.  This version represents the most recent release to CRAN
plus any necessary bug fixes.  See the ReadMe file in Git for more information.

To install geomorph directly from GitHub, go to R and type the following two
commands:

> install.packages("devtools")
> devtools::install_github("EmSherratt/geomorph", ref="Stable")

Best,

Dean and the geomorph team

Dr. Dean C. Adams
Professor
Department of Ecology, Evolution, and Organismal Biology
       Department of Statistics
Iowa State University
www.public.iastate.edu/~dcadams/<http://www.public.iastate.edu/~dcadams/>
phone: 515-294-3834