Hi!  I re-did chainsaw at some point, now there is chainsaw2.  However,
googling that gets you horror movies, so here is a link with example code:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/biogeobears/Jy9uYckOL7s/XuNZ0B3jAwAJ

(the discussion there points out a rare case where this crashes, but for
most trees it should work fine)

Cheers, Nick