You might also want to read about the background, starting with these two
papers, both available at my website:

Ives, A. R., and T. Garland, Jr.  2010.  Phylogenetic logistic regression for
binary dependent variables.  Systematic Biology  59:9-26.

Ives, A. R., and T. Garland, Jr.  2014.  Phylogenetic regression for binary
dependent variables.  Pages 231-261 in Modern Phylogenetic Comparative Methods
and Their Application in Evolutionary Biology: Concepts and Practice, L. Z.
Garamszegi, ed.  Springer: Heidelberg.

Cheers,
Ted

Theodore Garland, Jr., Professor
Department of Biology
University of California, Riverside
Riverside, CA 92521
Office Phone:  (951) 827-3524
Facsimile:  (951) 827-4286 (not confidential)
Email:  tgarl...@ucr.edu
http://www.biology.ucr.edu/people/faculty/Garland.html
http://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=iSSbrhwAAAAJ

Director, UCR Institute for the Development of Educational Applications

Editor in Chief, Physiological and Biochemical Zoology

Fail Lab: Episode One
http://testtube.com/faillab/zoochosis-episode-one-evolution
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0msBWyTzU0