There's also corDISC in corHMM (disclosure: I'm a coauthor on the package).
It does Pagel 1994 with two or three binary characters, allows for user set
root states (I believe the canonical Pagel (1994) assumes equal freq at the
root, I don't know if phytools uses this same assumption [a lot of programs
assume equilibrium freq]), and allows additional control over the rate
matrix. However, it requires you to specify what sort of rate matrix you
want (has equal rates, all rate different, etc., but you would have to
specify the dependent model matrix): the phytools code seems to loop over
the named Pagel matrices, which are a subset of the possible matrices. So,
I'd summarize it as phytools being more turnkey, corHMM having more control
but less easy to use.

Oh, and in either case, read this and be afraid before starting analyses:
Maddison & FitzJohn, 2014: http://sysbio.oxfordjournals.org/content/64/1/127
.

Best,
Brian