Hello,
if onlythe readibility of the labels is the issue, what about using svg()
function? It produces a SVG file which You can open in almost any vector editor
(like Inkscape) andmove the labels around. Chech ?svg for possible settings and
play with them little bit. They vary among operating systems. So You can do
something like
svg(...) # Any parameters inside, at least output file name
# All the tree ploting commands...
dev.off() # To save the SVG file to the disc
Check also parameters of function tip.labels() - You can specify font size or
replace the text with some symbol.
(Sorry for being so brief, I don't have exact examples handy)
Yours,
V.

31. srpna 2016 11:11:33 CEST, "Bhuller, Ravneet"

--
Vojtěch Zeisek
http://trapa.cz/cs