Hello everyone,

First time writing here so I'm not sure how it works.. Apologies in advance if
I do something wrong! I am struggling with my data in R (I'm pretty
inexperienced with R as well, so it's getting a little complicated).

Basically my data consists in a phylogeny and this:

Species                                             Phenotype
                          a1
Gorilla_gorilla_gorilla                          1
                       14.68025
Homo_sapiens                                          0
                         42.8427
Pan_paniscus                                          1
                         24.39999
Pan_troglodytes_troglodytes                  1
                39.34195
Macaca_mulatta                                          1
                              38.07464

Where a1 are the values of one gene's expression and phenotype is the presence
(1) or absence (0) of a certain type of behaviour.

I need to find a way to see the probability that the expression of the gene a1
produces the presence of the behaviour, keeping in mind the species
phylogenetic relationships (after that I'll need to find a way to automatize
that for the 13,035 genes left), and I've been told that I must have a p-value
per gene, so after that I'll work only with the group of significant p-values.

I've tried some packages, the last one was MCMCglmm but I don't know if I'm in
the correct direction or if there's an easier way to get there...

Thank you very very much in advance,

Best wishes,

Alba

The University of Lincoln, located in the heart of the city of Lincoln, has
established an international reputation based on high student satisfaction,
excellent graduate employment and world-class research.

The information in this e-mail and any attachments may b...{{dropped:16}}