Hi Cecile,

Thanks for the input - it looks like this function does perform the tree
rescaling, and in about 1/4 of the time, so this could help speed up the
code!

However, the function doesn't seem to return a covariance matrix. Is there
a way to get the cophenetic matrix with the out put of this function?
Otherwise I'm stuck using cophenetic again...

Max

Max