De : R-sig-phylo <r-sig-phylo-boun...@r-project.org> de la part de Brian
O'Meara <omeara.br...@gmail.com>
Envoy� : mercredi 4 avril 2018 22:39
� : Zach Culumber
Cc : mailman, r-sig-phylo
Objet : Re: [R-sig-phylo] quantitative state dependent diversification of
another quantitative trait

I think you want SLOUCH: Hansen et al. 2008:
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1111/j.1558-5646.2008.00412.x.
One trait evolves under Brownian motion, another trait follows it.

Best,
Brian

Brian O'Meara, http://www.brianomeara.info, especially Calendar
<http://brianomeara.info/calendars/omeara/>, CV
<http://brianomeara.info/cv/>, and Feedback
<http://brianomeara.info/teaching/feedback/>

Associate Professor, Dept. of Ecology & Evolutionary Biology, UT Knoxville
Associate Head, Dept. of Ecology & Evolutionary Biology, UT Knoxville
Associate Director for Postdoctoral Activities, National Institute for
Mathematical & Biological Synthesis <http://www.nimbios.org> (NIMBioS)

On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 2:43 PM, Zach Culumber <zculum...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> We are interested in examining whether shifts in one continuous trait have
> preceded shifts in another continuous trait through evolutionary time for a
> phylogeny of ~80 species.  To do this we were thinking of calculating the
> change in the value of each trait for each tip to its most recent ancestor
> (i.e., node) and then for each node to its most recent ancestral node.  We
> have all the tip values and conducted ASR to get the node values.  However,
> we are unaware of any functions or packages that would automate calculation
> of all these distances for teach tip and node to its most recent ancestor.
> Does anyone have any suggestions of functions or packages that might
> possibly do this?  Alternatively, are there better existing options for
> exploring this question? I.e., something similar to QuaSSE but for analysis
> between two quantitative traits rather than traits and species
> diversification?  Something like Bayes Traits or PGLS would allow tests of
> correlated evolution, but not the order of evolutionary shifts.

[[elided Hotmail spam]]