Thank you Don and Julien for your suggestions. I was able to run threshml
using Rthreshml from the Rphylip package. However, now I'm not really sure
what to do with the results. Can I use the output to perform ancestral
state reconstruction/estimation for the continuous (3) and discrete (1)
characters? I see that phytools has ancThresh, but that only seems to work
with a single character.

I also believe I found Goolsby's model/software
<https://github.com/nspope/epee> that Julien alluded to, but it doesn't
seem to be ready for primetime yet.

Thanks,
Will