Dear colleagues,

I am very pleased to inform you that a submission of manuscripts to a special
issue (SI) of Journal of Evolutionary Biology “Inferring macroevolutionary
patterns and processes from microevolutionary mechanisms” has just opened. On
behalf of guest editors of our SI (Thibault Latrille, Théo Gaboriau and
myself), here I warmly invite you to submit your or your student’s manuscript
studying the relationship between microevolution and macroevolution. Themes
that we aim to cover in our SI include, but not limited to:

• Paleontological data, theory and methods in relation to contemporary data
• Phylogenetic comparative methods and their applications to empirical research
(note that JEB publishes Methods Article now)
• Dynamic and process of speciation as a bridge between microevolution and
macroevolution
• Ecological and functional causes of microevolution and macroevolution
• Influence of developmental architecture on evolutionary trajectories across
scales
• Variability of traits and genomic sequences across individuals, populations
and species
• Population-genetic and quantitative-genetic parameters in relation to tempo
and mode of macroevolution
• Phylogenomics and phylogenetics data, theory and methods across time scales

Please see the following link for further details.

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/page/journal/14209101/homepage/Journal_of_Evolutionary_Biology_Call_for_Papers.html

To submit your manuscript to our SI, please prompt your submission to JEB in
the link above, go to "Step 1: Type, Title, & Abstract” page, then choose
“Inferring macroevolutionary patterns and processes from microevolutionary
mechanisms” in the dropdown menu of a question “Is this submission for a
special issue? Either select "No" or the title of the special issue.”

A rough schedule: we plan to close the call on 31st of August and publish the
special issue in early 2024. Please note that we will have a rolling editorial
process (submit-review-revise-publish), meaning that successful manuscripts
will be electronically published as “Early View” articles as soon as editorial
processes will be completed, and will later be included in the special issue
when all articles are processed.

Please feel free to share this invitation with your colleagues. Should you have
any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at
masahito.tsu...@biol.lu.se<mailto:masahito.tsu...@biol.lu.se>.

Best wishes,
Masahito Tsuboi

Masahito Tsuboi (PhD)