Hi Vincenzo,

There's no direct way to do this with ape::chronos(). You may have a look at
the function phangorn::pml_bb() but I'm not sure it can estimate the dates if
the rate is provided in a model object given as main argument(?)

That said, I expect that estimating so many dates to be very challenging
(unless you have a lot of known dates for calibration). This implies that you
are certainly right to look for an approach where you don't need to estimate
the rates.

Best,

Emmanuel