I'm moving this from Racket Users to Racket Developers instead, I hope that
is correct.

On Sat, Sep 24, 2016 at 10:05 PM, Matthew Flatt <mfl...@cs.utah.edu> wrote:

> The Racket binding for Gtk (or Cocoa or Windows) in `racket/gui`
> currently does not report multi-touch events. I agree that multi-touch
> events could be supported without too much difficulty, probably, and a
> pull request would be welcome --- but there's nothing in place right
> now.

I started looking through the code, but as my knowledge of the Racket
internals is very limited, I just want to check that I am approximately in
the right place.

First, is https://github.com/racket/gui.git the correct repo to dig in?

Second, are .../gui-lib/mred/private/[common|gtk|win32|cocoa]/ the right
directories to look in?

A very quick look seems to indicate that .../common/event.rkt defines the
windowing events (e.g. mouse-event%, key-event%, etc), and that actual
instances of the events are created in .../gtk/window.rkt,
.../win32/window.rkt, and .../cocoa/window.rkt. I also see ffi-stuff in the
respective window.rkt files, am I right to assume this is where the gui
events from the respective underlying windowing system gets translated into
Racket events, and that it would be here similar code for touch events
should be added?

Again, I have only briefly looked at this, so I just wish to make sure I am
looking in the right place. I will then continue to read docs and code, and
try not to ask too many stupid questions... :-)

Cheers,

/johan

--
Johan Liseborn