'John Clements' via Racket Developers writes:

> Goodness… Apple is changing processors again. Am I right in thinking that the
> support that Matthew added for Aarch64 early this year positions us
> unbelievably well for the transition to Apple silicon & specifically the M1
> chip? Or maybe everyone but me already knew this was coming?
>
> John

This was known as far back as early 2020. Myself and Jesse discussed
attempting to port Chez to Aarch64 for this reason. However, this was in
the midst of other work, so without any real progress, later on Matthew
became interested (I suppose he hard about Apple Silion as well) and
developed a new backend for Aarch64 in a couple of weeks.

This is now being regularly tested in CI.
https://github.com/racket/racket/actions?query=workflow%3A%22ARM64+Linux+Fast+Build%22
https://github.com/racket/racket/actions?query=workflow%3A%22CI+Linux+ARM%22

Regards,

--