As many of you now know, we’re well into the release cycle for version 8.1 of
Racket.

Racket, of course, isn’t just a language implementation. It’s a community of
implementors (that's you!), and all of the amazing packages that you produce.

As part of the release process, we run tests on every released package, using
the current release candidate.

As is usually the case, some packages that worked in the last version (8.0) are
not working correctly with the release candidate.

This is sometimes because of a regression in the package, and sometimes because
of a new problem with Racket itself.

We currently have a tracking issue on github, showing all of the package
regressions:

https://github.com/racket/racket/issues/3779

If any of these packages are yours, you might be interested to see what’s going
on, and maybe there are things you can fix! Exciting!

You should keep in mind that this is only a list of those packages that have
observably regressed since last time. There are of course many other packages
with build or test failures, and you can always see these listed at

https://pkg-build.racket-lang.org

Thanks in advance for your help!

John Clements & the Release Management Team