Having installed the snapshot:

> vkz@vkz-air:~/work/marketplace [master]$ raco pkg install shell-completion
> Resolving "shell-completion" via
> http://www.cs.utah.edu/plt/snapshots/20131006-007d563/catalog/
> Downloading checksum for shell-completion
> Downloading
> http://www.cs.utah.edu/plt/snapshots/20131006-007d563/pkgs/shell-completion.zip
> raco pkg install: package is currently installed in a wider scope
>   package: shell-completion
>   installed scope: installation
>   given scope: user

I assume it means "install nix" since I already have it installed. Which is
true. I've installed it in 5.3.6, where the package is empty. Ok. How about:

> vkz@vkz-air:~/work/marketplace [master]$ raco pkg remove shell-completion
> Inferred package scope: installation
> raco pkg remove: cannot remove packages that are dependencies of other
> packages
>   dependencies:
>    shell-completion (required by: (main-distribution))

Great. Now what?

> raco pkg update shell-completion
> Inferred package scope: installation
> Resolving "shell-completion" via
> http://www.cs.utah.edu/plt/snapshots/20131006-007d563/catalog/
> No updates available

Does that imply that checksum is the same for this package even in the
snapshot? So the package is empty and I'm just wasting time?

Package management sucks. Or I suck. Both are probably true.

> vkz@vkz-air:~/work/marketplace [master]$ raco pkg install
> http://git.racket-lang.org/plt/tree/HEAD:/pkgs/shell-completion
> Downloading checksum for shell-completion
> Cloning remote directory
> http://git.racket-lang.org/plt/tree/HEAD:/pkgs/shell-completion
> raco pkg install: could not find MANIFEST for package source
>   source: http://git.racket-lang.org/plt/tree/HEAD:/pkgs/shell-completion

Right! No MANIFEST file, which docs do say is a must.

On the bright side. By switching to SNAPSHOT distribution I managed to install
Tony's #lang marketplace which err'ed on 3.5.6. Be sending a separate email
about it.

best
---
Vlad Kozin <vladilen.ko...@gmail.com>

On Oct 6, 2013, at 12:19 PM, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 6, 2013 at 12:02 PM, Vlad Kozin <vladilen.ko...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Sorry guys, but I gave up. Downloaded racket-completion.bash and just
>> sourced it from my .bash_profile. Non-kosher I admit, but works for now. I
>> agree with Eli that
>>
>> (There's another advantage for distributing the files, of course:
>> having your completion updated with racket updates.)
>>
>> but I failed to grasp how to make it work.
>>
>> Instead, get a current snapshot: http://www.cs.utah.edu/plt/snapshots/
>> and use that.
>>
>> Sam, the 64bit snapshot has neither collects/meta nor shell-completion.
>
> First, the code has moved to `pkgs/shell-completion`.
>
> Second, with the snapshot, things have moved to using the package
> system.  Try installing the 'shell-completion' package with 'raco pkg
> install'.
>
> Sam

  Racket Users list:
  http://lists.racket-lang.org/users