That's the kind of thing I had in mind, but I was also thinking of subtyping-like relations in the exception hierarchy. For example, does it make sense to change a contract to raise a less specific error? Does it matter?

At any rate, it seems we might need code to be able to catch and handle different contract violations different ways. Raising only one kind of error is fine when humans are handling them, but programs like Plot are too stupid to read error messages.

From your response, it seems safe for now to insert another level in the exception hierarchy for math domain errors, so I'll make a bug report about it and assign it to myself.

Neil ⊥