On Thursday, April 9, 2015 at 9:28:54 AM UTC-6, Justin Zamora wrote:
> Why not use streams? http://docs.racket-lang.org/reference/streams.html
>
> Justin
>
> On Apr 9, 2015 11:22 AM, "Jerry Jackson" <jrry...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I'm building a language with racket that includes lazy lists. I'm building
> lazy lists with mcons cells. The compatibility/mlist module has lots of
> support functions but I'd like to be able to apply racket functions to the
> lists I've constructed and I don't see any "mapply". I understand that the
> use of mutable cons cells is discouraged but I don't currently know of a
> better way to do lazy lists. If there is a different recommended way, I'd
> like to know about it. If not:
>

> 1) Is there an equivalent of mapply that I just haven't found or
>
> 2) Is there a reason it's a really bad idea or
>
> 3) Was it just left out because nobody so far needed it?
>

> Thanks for any help,
>

> --Jerry Jackson

I can't use streams because I'm not just using traditional lazy lists; I'm
constructing them from the multiple results of a goal-driven system with
backtracking. The lazy lists are built via delimited continuations. Also, I'm
supporting semi-greedy lists in that I want to fully populate shorter lists
under some circumstances for performance so I generate the first N entries
before suspending (unless the list is recursively specified which requires
one-by-one semantics).