Hi all,

I have an web server application in which I need to page results of a database query, but I also have to guarantee *exactly-once* statistical processing of each sent result row regardless of how many times it may be sent.

Theresults are from a complex join, howeverthe join is separable into one that gets a list of ids and then another that usesthe ids to get the actual return data.Since the ids are separable (and small), my first thought was to gather the list of ids and then to page through the list separately retrieving theassociated data and doing statistical processing on the rows as necessary.

However, to do this, I have to keep the initial id listacross multiple requestsand thatis where I've run into trouble. Thus far, I haven't had to use web server continuations. It seems like send/suspend does not allow the browser to provideadditional arguments (like paging direction). send/suspend/dispatch looks like it will do what I want, however Ineed to communicate the URLs to the browser in JSONand it (superficially) appears as if embed/url is meant to work in generated HTML?

The final problem is how to ensure that I eventually get to send/finishand clean up my thread. This particular function is expected to be executed quite often. Does the browser app have to invoke a URL that deliberately ends the thread or will the thread end if/whenits continuations timeout?

Apologies if this is rambling - I'm trying to sort out a bunch of things all at once.
Thanks,
George