I'm currently on working on bindings to a foreign library that has elements
in structs that are defined as time_t and size_t. I couldn't find anything
in the core ffi types that corresponded to these, so currently I am using
int64_t as that was what I found was correct for the system I'm currently
working on (OS X), which might not work when I try to port this to other
OS's (Linux).

What is the best practice for using such types, is there any core c-type I
should use or should I just roll my own?