Hi Daniel,

The problems is that math/number-threory and racket/list
both export an function named permutations.

You are right that rename-in or prefix-in could be used to
fix the problem in "full" Racket. In order to handle the
situation in ISL+ I suggest to make an extra file:

File: "no-conflicts.rkt"
    #lang racket
    (provide (all-from-out math/number-theory)
             (all-from-out racket/list))
    (require math/number-theory)
   (require (except-in racket/list permutations))

And then in the ISL+ file write (require "no-conflicts.rkt").

/Jens Axel

> I'm getting "module: identifier already imported from a different
> source" when I require these two modules.
>
> (require math/number-theory)
> (require racket/list)
>
> I want factorize from math/number-theory and remove-duplicates from
> racket/list.
>
> I've seen old messages about this error, but they seemed involved with
> the full-fledged Racket, while I'm using ISL+ in DrRacket. I decided
> to try some things out of HtDP and ended up getting into this trouble.
>
> I don't want the full-fledged Racket because I like to use
> check-expect in DrRacket and I seem to get along better with the
> student languages error messages.
>
> Solutions such as (require (rename ... ) don't work for me because I'm
> speaking ISL+ where my options seem to me these below. (ASL doesn't
> seem to expand on it.)
>
>   library-require = (require string)
>      | (require (lib string string ...))
>      | (require (planet string package))
>
> Perhaps you could suggest me to leave the student languages sometimes
> when playing with Racket by showing me how I could get some equivalent
> thing to check-expect.
>
> At some point I should move to full-fledged Racket. I suppose after
> HtDP I should read another book. Perhaps Realm of Racket?
>
> Thank you.

Jens Axel Søgaard