Ah, I forgot to try DrRacket v6.2, and I do see the problem there.

I don't see the problem with DrRacket or errortrace in the current
development version, though. I think you're right that it should work,
and it looks like the problem has been fixed for the next version (but
it would be great if you can check that).

I can't guess offhand what the fix was, and I can't yet suggest a
workaround for v6.2. How much do you need a workaround?