Whew. :) I only rarely have a non-symbol use for `eq?`, but I use `eq?` heavily for symbols in everyday application code.

Robby Findler wrote on 09/17/2015 09:27 PM:
eq? on symbols is a special part of the specification and that seems
benign to me, all things considered. The "giant hash in the sky" that
makes sure that works isn't exactly trouble free, but we seem to have
it under control.