On Sun, Oct 4, 2015 at 2:53 AM, Neil Van Dyke <n...@neilvandyke.org> wrote:
> Thanks, Eli.  That's one of the things I was afraid of.
>
> The other thing is: does a Scribble formatter ever look at the
> line/column position information in the syntax objects?  (I thought I
> recalled it seeming to do this years ago, maybe for the start of a
> multi-line verbatim-like markup.)

The *reader* ignores uniform indentation, so when you write something like:

    @foo{bar
           baz
             blah}

it reads two spaces for the second line and four for the third.  There
are a few more rules that make sense in general.  I think that they're
all listed in the reader documentation (which is also used as test
cases, assuming it hasn't changed).

If you're talking about the formatter which is part of the
html/latex/etc renderer in the documentation system, then I think that
it just treats the forms as anything, which means that it doesn't see
the source code indentation.

> I decided that just a normal Racket sexp write to the ".scrbl" file
> suits my needs, since the file doesn't need to be edited manually.
>
> I also like your idea of just copying the bits of original source
> text.  (I've done similar things before, with
> "http://www.neilvandyke.org/racket-progedit/";.)  Though that would
> seem to make it even harder to kludge navigating from Scribble errors
> on this semi-generated file to the original source bits in the
> original source files.

Right -- that was the reason for my comment: maybe there's some way to
keep the source code where it is, and refer to it from the files that
you generate, so no textual generation is actually needed...

--
                    ((x=>x(x))(x=>x(x)))                   Eli Barzilay: