Matthew,

Sorry I am a bit late on this. It is good to know that you keep
track on crash reports even as vague as mine. Here is an update:

-- My crash remains with the nightly build that I installed on Saturday (Oct 3);
-- I do not use places;
-- I do not use any new advanced macro facilities (not directly at least);
-- On the previous build, I tried fixing AGE_GEN_0_TO_GEN_HALF to 1 as
you suggested. It did not provoke faster crash.

I have not yet tried your rewind-gc branch.

I am going to get you a stack trace.
Am I correct that in order to get the stack trace, I have to rebuild
Racket with -G and run it in gdb?

Here is another interesting thing that I was able to notice.
As soon as I purged the "compiled" directories from the code tree,
the crashes ceased. I did several consecutive successful runs.
I ran just "racket myprogram", without "raco make" or DrRacket.
Then I executed "raco make myprogram" -- and the very next run
has crashed after ~7h of running.

How do you think, does it make sense that stored bytecode can
cause the crash or is it just a coincidence?

Best regards,

Dmitry