On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 10:53 AM, Jay McCarthy <jay.mccar...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 1:49 PM, Leif Andersen <l...@leifandersen.net>
> wrote:
>
> > I am genuinely surprised :keyword saw so much support and that change
>> was so attractive to people.
>>
>> That's because of the questions you asked. I saw those questions and said
>> to myself: "Self, I don't care enough about this debate enough to even
>> really fill out these questions." (Although if you had a spot on the pull
>> for the question: "I don't care about this at all, just don't break my
>> code", I would have filled that out.)
>>

> I'm interested in your elaboration. I expected someone with your opinion
> to vote something like 5/5/0 because you don't care between the two, but
> don't want a change.

Interestingly, a 5 is slightly more negative of 'neutral' in your model of
1-10, than 6, which would be slightly more positive than 'neutral'. I
wonder how many people picked 5 to be completely neutral, not realizing
this subtlety. I guess, the question for me comes down to, "is the volume
in question 1 more towards hate?" Or, assuming that some portion of '5's
recognized the subtlety and were slightly negative of 'neutral', and the
others truly meant 'neutral', it's a dead heat.

(shrug)