I’m running a fairly vanilla pre-pyret PLAI class, using the plai-typed
language. Has anyone looked into doing this using Typed Racket? I feel like my
interactions with TR have gotten sufficiently smooth that I might try using it
for my PL class.

Potential problems:

- mismatch with PLAI (though I’m already using an out-of-date PLAI because I’m
not using Pyret)
- loss of the wonderful define-type form.
- potentially baffling error messages.

Potential benefits:

- *much* richer libraries available without the use of typed-in.
- exposure to occurrence typing, a pretty nifty type system.
- don’t have to explain the (quite painful) s-exp wrappers
- getting to use ‘match’ — better than plai-typed-s-exp-match because you get
binding as well as matching
- somewhat better documentation (students always get hung up on the plai-typed
docs. yes, they just need to click on the *second* link…)

Opinions? Yes, I admit that I’m not giving Pyret a fair shake, and I’ll admit
that most of that is related to my commitment to Racket.

John