Neil Van Dyke <n...@neilvandyke.org> writes:

> Being non-mainstream for practitioners, Racket is most popular with
> people who have the freedom to choose any tools they want, not forced
> into a mainstream set of options. Most often this means individual
> alpha techies, researchers, etc.

That's true, but still wonder why not more hobbyist are using it.

> I'd say the biggest downside is that there is still lots of things
> that are off-the-shelf for some mainstream platforms, but require some
> in-house DIY work for Racket. Sometimes this is something you can DIY
> faster and better than you can get an off-the-shelf solution
> integrated, but sometimes the DIY is just extra cost with no direct
> benefit.

Well, from the language itself down to the docs, everything looks
great...

> Disclosure: I'm a high-end consultant who prefers to use Racket for
> the majority of programming-level aspects, and can help an
> organization with architecture, process, training, etc. So I will tend
> to make money as commercial Racket adopters are successful.

Good to know. ;)

Btw, thank you for providing scribble-mode[1] - I'm sure I'll use it quite
often very soon!

Sincerely,
Gour

Footnotes:
[1]  In order to reduce risk of RSI, I do use now Spacemacs and wonder
if there is plan to put scribble-mode @MELPA?

--
One who is not disturbed in mind even amidst the threefold
miseries or elated when there is happiness, and who is free