On 02/14/2016 12:02 PM, Fred Martin wrote:
So... even though I chose "Other" as the client type, my API credentials were
created with a secret.

I had to copy the secret into my client constructor request.

 From my reading of the oauth 2 API docs, I thought "installed app" clients
weren't supposed to have secrets?

The Google OAuth2 API docs page for "installed applications" [1] says:

  In this context, the client secret is obviously not treated
  as a secret.

I don't know why they require the "secret", but they do, and they know it's a little weird.

Ryan

[1] https://developers.google.com/identity/protocols/OAuth2InstalledApp