At Tue, 5 Apr 2016 10:03:59 -0400, George Neuner wrote:
> On 4/5/2016 9:50 AM, Matthew Flatt wrote:
> > Pro tip for pirates: jump to scheme_eval().
>
> Would that be possible if Racket implemented W^X?

Yes, as long as an attacker can somehow overwrite a function pointer,
W^X won't prevent jumping to scheme_eval() in any way that I can see.

More generally, I think Racket offers so many ways to turn data into
code that an attacker probably shouldn't bother with techniques to find
pages of memory that are specific to JIT and libffi generation. (I do
see how W^X could be useful for securing some programs, though.)